Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bb Adventures!!

We went to Bb on Saturday (following suit of last year's PRIME kids). There's an ambiguity with the name, because last year's kids called it "beaver world," but when we went, it was just called "Bb." Anyways, whatever it was, we went in and had tons-o-fun! Seriously, this place can only be experienced, it's hard to describe it. We bought the overnight pass and stayed there from 9pm-7am.

We all met up at 千里中央駅 at 7pm. From there, we got on bus provided by Bb to get to the amusment park/place jam-packed with happiness. We got nice sushi from this restaurant in Bb. It's like those Sushi-A-Float places in America.


I never had this sushi before, but I also didn't know it was raw fish! Ah well, yummy! ^_^


We also had a chance to see the chefs flame something... Yay!


Yamanaka-san won the bowling round. Yay. Oh yeah, I remembered how much I sucked at bowling... Apparently, that's what has been keeping me from the bowling alleys for 4 years... I remember now...


Here are some shots of some wrestling you can do at Bb.
Yamanaka-san v. Kuwabara-san


I think Kuwabara-san got the best out of three. Close match though!

After lots of whining, I finally persuaded Yamanaka-san to ride the bull. He said it was dangerous. Hahaha... Yamanaka-san and danger... goodness. Well, I guess it's good that he's a very cautious person.


Yamanaka-san left around midnight, because he decided that he wasn't going to be crazy enough to buy the night pack (12am-7am) and stay that long. That's ok though, we made Kuwabara-san stay with us. :D

David-san (kicking butt) at DDR! Kuwabara-san says it was his first time playing. Hahaha. From the looks of it, it must have been. o_0


This is by far my most favorite game! It was also where I heard the song by BUMP OF CHICKEN - 天体観測. Well, apparently, Kuwabara-san has sang it on the lab trip karaoke, too. Anyways, this is like DDR, but with drums. Japanese people are very into beat (according to Ava-san, who gets 99.9% of her Japanese cultural awareness from anime)


We had lots of fun karaoke-ing at Bb. Well, everyone minus David-san, who is still amazed that we karaoke-ed for 3 hours. :D Time flies when you're having fun?







Okay.. the following two pictures must be explained. I think during the lab trip, I was talking to 下條先生 (Shimojo-sensei) about how I learn 80% of my kanji recognition from manga. He asked if I read Sailor Moon and I told him I did. So, on the lab trip, he was trying to make me sing the theme song of Sailor Moon. However, I did not know the Japanese version *cannot read Japanese fast enough* So, Kuwabara-san, who owed us 3 karaoke songs for eating Ava-san's seafood (very expensive & good seafood that she cannot eat because she was vegetarian), helped me sing it (a.k.a. sang the whole theme song by himself). During our Bb excusion, I asked him to sing it again. Hahahahaha! (and proceeded to input the song into the machine).
Look at his excitement!!!


And him again, posing Sailor Moon style for the camera. :D
In the name of the moon, I will punish you~~ (ini kawatte otiokyo)


Here's a picture of David-san imitating the cat pose me and Ava-san make Kuwabara-san do:


For breakfast, we went to Mister Donut. It's a really popular franchise in Japan. They have this points system (will put a picture of that up later) where if you collect enough, you can get Mister Donut cups, plates, and even umbrellas! Anyways, I got a macha green tea donut. It tastes chewy and very declicious and a chocolate ice ... ? That's just what it was called. :D


As a token of our appreciation, we thanked Kuwabara-san by treating him to breakfast. Unfortunately, he was too polite to accept it, so instead of paying for his breakfast at the cashier, we had to dump random 100 yens on his tray. He felt like a 招き猫 (maneki cat).

This is how they look like:


... and then there's Kuwabara-san:


Whew! What a day! (or 2 days?)
We got back ~8:40am Sunday morning...

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2007 at 9:45 AM , Blogger stephany said...

haha aww looks like fun! (: we tried to find a karaoke place too a couple weeks ago but were unsuccessful - looks like you kiddos are doing enough of that for all of us though. :P cheers!

 
At July 30, 2007 at 8:13 PM , Blogger ln said...

Haha, so much fun everywhere! You "kids" get to enjoy cute marsupials, isn't that enough? And I feel bad for Dave-san, who has to endure through the Karaoke experiences...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home