Tuesday, July 10, 2007

下條研究室旅行 (下) [Shimojo Lab Trip Pt 2]

I wasn't sure what to expect for the fireworks party, but I had a rough idea from anime what type of fireworks they light here. However, seeing it isn't half as much fun as actually lighting the fireworks and playing with them first hand!

Here is 桑原さん (Kuwabara-san) and 小西さん (Konishi-san) lighting a candle for our pyro needs. =D


Not an entire group photo, but it's us PRIME kids with 馬場先生 (Baba-sensei).


Yay! I'm having fun with my one 花火.


Then I began to hold 2 at a time. Later as the night progressed, I went crazy and held 4 at a time. xD


Here's a picture of 市川さん (Ichikawa-san) doing something resembling a performance.



This is also Ly-san's first fireworks party. ^^v



野崎先生 (Nozaki-sensei) is shown here also having lots of fun:


池田さん (Ikeda-san), one of the two people that helped us get settled in, chilin' by the riverbank.


Here's another picture of him playing with my FAVORITE firework! It's this really small one that's really fragile and you have to hold it very still to see the nice beautiful sparks.


Everyone huddling together lighting that really small firework.


After the fireworks, me and Ava-san decided to go try our very first 温泉 (onsen). Though they warned us of certain things you had to do... I must say, it's just hard. It was seriously something that needs to be experienced. xD Anime doesn't really depict it well enough. Apparently, there's a hot side and a cooler side (which is still very hot). Ava-san half dared me to stay on the super hot side for 5 minutes. I accepted it (though even she thought it may be harmful to my wellbeing @_@). Let's just say after 5 minutes, I thought I was going to collapse (and then proceeded to collapse on the tatami in the next room.

Then, we had our afterparty (二次会)!



武田さん (Takeda-san) drinking "juice." Haha. He evidently has a super high alcohol tolerance and finished 3 cans of beer plus "juice" (consisting of several glasses of red wine, peach & mango cocktail, 梅酒 (ume-shuu), Smirnoff ice and whiskey). Goodness! This shot is when he was just warming up. :D


Group photo! If you'd kindly look to the top left of the table, you'll see Takeda-san's collection of finished cups. ... and he was still fine by the end of the night!


Here's a picture of Ikeda-san drinking. :P Just kidding. The bottle was empty. :)


Our hotel stay was fun, but all good things must come to an end eventually:


Some cute displays at the hotel souvenir shop.



On the second day, we visited 蒜山高原 (Hiruzen Highlands).

We had a chance to feed 馬 (uma - horses) for 100 yen!



The horse went to 下條先生 (Shimojo-sensei) even though he didn't have any carrots! S/he must really like sensei.


Here's another closeup of the horse we fed. I think it wants more carrots.


Me and the cows:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home